6 Tips for Sticking to a Regular Exercise Program
Sticking with an exercise program is one of the toughest things to do and the statistics show just how tough… Seventy percent (70%) of all people that start an exercise program quit within the first six (6) weeks. Within the first two weeks following New Year’s Day, fifty percent (50%) of those who resolve to exercise, quit. It seems that the odds of sticking with a program are stacked against you. It doesn’t have to be that way. Here are some basic tips to help you stay with the program.
1. Make the exercise fun. If it’s not fun you won’t do it.
2. Workout with a friend.
3. Design an exercise program that works for you and meets your goals.
4. Choose a versatile program that you can do outdoors or indoors, if necessary. Include a variety of exercise.
5. Combine exercise with a sensible eating plan. If your goal is weight loss, and you are burning 2000 calories a week exercising, but eating an extra 3000 calories a week, you won’t lose weight and therefore, you won’t stick with the program.
6. Watch what you drink. Juice, alcohol, blended coffees, and soda are high in calories. If you drink just one soda a day and you exercise less than seven days a week, you could actually gain weight.